Subject: Re: building -current on FreeBSD fails
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2003 15:12:29
> Thanks. That's working. Why aren't all include files in the NetBSD
> tree used by default? Wouldn't that prevent problems like this when
> not compiling on NetBSD?

No, you have to use the build system's header files when running programs
that run on the build system, otherwise you will get incorrect defines (etc).

> Now I have another problem:
> ---------------
> [...]
> nbmake: exec(/bin/sh) failed (Argument list too long)
> *** Error code 1

FreeBSD doesn't allow as (stupidly) long argument lists as NetBSD.

> nbmake: stopped in /src/rvdp-router-image/NetBSD/obj/src/rvdp-router-image/NetBSD/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC

However I'm sure that path isn't one you intended to exist!
I'd look at the value of MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in your environment...

> nbmake: stopped in /src/rvdp-router-image/NetBSD/src

Shortening that pathname might help.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk