Subject: Re: 1.6.1 source set thing
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2003 19:29:47
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:35:21PM -0500, Peter Eisch wrote:

> The sets were built from a CVS tree:
>
> tlp0: {8} cat Root
> autobuild@zathras.local:/cvsroot
> tlp0: {9}
>
> How can I make sure that my local source tree is able to be patched should
> some security holes ever crop up?

It's easy:
sed 's|autobuild@zathras.local:/cvsroot|anoncvs@<your favorite CVS mirror here>:/cvsroot|' CVS/Root > /tmp/Root
find . -path '*/CVS/Root' -exec cp /tmp/Root {} \;

> Is there a reason the sets weren't built
> from a public cvs server -- am I not getting the point?

One reason I could see it to force the user to choose a CVS mirror,
instead of having all the NetBSD machines points to the master
anoncvs server by default (which cause problems when everyone rushs out
to get a security fix: the master server is so overloaded that even the
cvs mirrors can't get the fix).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>