Subject: Re: galeon is failing on 1.6R
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2003 15:40:34
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> writes:

> Put another way, if I can't get some application fixed, my choice may
> be to accept occasional crashes because the application's thread code
> is broken, or to have it not run at all because of the assertion.

Okay, I've done something like this. The environment variable
PTHREAD_ERRORMODE controls the behavior of libpthread on (detected)
application errors. The settings are "ignore", "print", and
"abort". The error messages should also be more useful in explaining
what the detected problem was, rather than just the internal test that
failed.

        - Nathan