Subject: Re: galeon is failing on 1.6R
To: Nathan J. Williams <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2003 13:44:15
In message <>, "Nathan J. Willia
ms" writes:
>Jason Thorpe <> writes:
>> Nathan did incorporate some fixes into the Gnome libraries.  You might
>> consider reinstalling your Gnome-related libraries and see if that
>> fixes your problem.
>This particular bug was in the gnome-vfs package. "make replace" of
>just gnome-vfs should clear it up.

I had enough other stuff out of date that (with the help of pkgdepgraph)
I decided to rebuild most of the world.  So far, I've only lost lyx...
(Galeon is working now.
>There was a similar bug seen in xmms, but that was in xmms itself, not
>one of its dependancies. The fix for that is also in pkgsrc now.

My concern is not for any one easily-fixed bug, but whether there are
enough of them out there that we can't patch everything.

		--Steve Bellovin, (me) (2nd edition of "Firewalls" book)