Subject: Re: Heads up: new ahc driver committed
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/2003 10:03:37
On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 09:11  AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> These infos could be passed by the HBA when it attaches the scsibus

True.

> This ioctl already exists, it's SCBUSIORESET.
> But I still can't see what's wrong with the adapter resetting the bus
> at attach time if wanted.

That's the ioctl visible to userland.  To support it, you have to add
an ioctl handler to the HBA driver.

If every HBA driver has an ioctl handler just to do this, why not make
the generic scsibus ioctl handler do it, and make the adapter drivers
use a new command in their already existing "adapter_request" entry
points...