Subject: Re: Heads up: new ahc driver committed
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <bcsl@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2003 19:32:46
Hello...

* Frank van der Linden (fvdl@netbsd.org) Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 06:53:56PM +0200:
> Yes, you're right. I made it set the name and the DMA tag correctly now.
> It should get further now (and who knows, maybe even all the way to
> booting ;-))

Even after the latest change (I updated sys/arch/i386 and sys/dev
around 17:20 UTC) my system crashes. I am using a Asus P2L97S
mainboard which has the 7880 SCSI chipset from Adaptec. Here is the
last output from the boot (copied by hand):

scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle
ahc0: SCB 0xe - timed out
ahc0:Dumping card state in Data-In phase, at SEQADDR 0x7e
Card was paused
ACCUM = 0xe6, SINDEX = 0xb8, DINDEX = 0xa8, ARG_2 = 0x3
HCNT = 0x30 SCBPTR = 0x0
(null)[0x44] kernel: page fault trap, code = 0
Stopped at 0: invalid address

To obtain a backtrace was impossible.

Anything else I can provide?

Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <bcsl@gmx.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)