Subject: Re: DARPA Cancels OS Project After Comments
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2003 13:58:20
On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:58:30PM -0700, Caffeinate The World wrote:
> ---
> SAN JOSE, Calif. - The U.S. military's research agency cut off grant
> money for helping to develop a secure, free operating system after a
> top programmer made anti-war statements to a major newspaper.

From what I read arond (including misc@openbsd.org), it's not clear at all
this is related to de Raadt's comments.  It may just be coincidence.
It seems this decision is affecting others projects too (like openssl)
(from what I underdtood, the contract was between DARPA and
 University of Pennsylvania, which then redistributed the money to various
 prjects, and DARPA cut all remaining funds to University of Pennsylvania.
 Correct me if I'm wrong).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>