Subject: Re: Another gcc3 question!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <bernstein@cesmail.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2003 22:48:20
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:35:34PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:

> I presume you mean '-Wl,-R...' (that's a lower case 'ell', not a
> 'one'), and I will assume the semicolon to have been a velocitypo.

Doh!

> The other option is to make sure that you build against the system
> libraries and not the ones with gcc, but I'm not certain at all
> if/how well that would work.

If I place this line:

LDFLAGS= -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/gcc-3.2.2/lib

in /usr/pkg/etc/gcc-3.2.2.mk, then that in itself would not force any
linking to those gcc3 libs, correct? Would it not only provide the
rpath when and if such linking was called for by the code and/or
Makefile(s) in question? Or do I have to go back and FINISH that damn
BA in computer science? <g>

--
Today's lexicographical term:

"hapax legomenon"   http://www.bartleby.com/61/32/H0053200.html