Subject: Re: Serial ATA Cards - Follow Up
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2003 20:44:06
Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 07:43  PM, Caffeinate The World wrote:
>
>> - SIIG Serial ATA PCI does use the 3112A chip. Price
>>   ranges from $38-$50.
>
> This is good to know.  Do you happen to have the model number of this
> board?

Epox EP-8K9A2+ has an onboard Serial-ATA Silicon Image Sil3112A
2-channel interface. I have one. Haven't picked up a S-ATA drive
for it yet though. -current does recognize it but (I suspect)
because there is no drive connected, on boot it waits for nearly
a minute at the 'pciide0 at *' during bootup, so I disabled the
controller in the bios for now.

I ran across some Seagate 80G ATA V SATA drives last weekend for
~$120 at a local computer show. Best price until then I had seen
was $160 for that drive.