Subject: Re: Serial ATA Cards - Follow Up
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/2003 21:35:48
--- Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 07:43  PM, Caffeinate The World
> wrote:
>
> > - SIIG Serial ATA PCI does use the 3112A chip. Price
> >   ranges from $38-$50.
>
> This is good to know.  Do you happen to have the model number of this
>
> board?

SC-SAT212. You can order it directly from SIIG for $49.99:

http://onlinestore.siig.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SO&Category_Code=IDE

BestBuy sells them for $49.99 with free shipping or just pick them up
at your local store.

Online they sell for around $38-$40. But watch out for shipping and
handling charges. I think these online companies make money from
shipping and not the product! :)

SIIG also carries a combo card for ATA + SATA: SC-SATE12

The 3112A chip is usually covered with a sticker. Peel that off and
you'll find the tag id.

---
Thomas T. Thai