Subject: Re: RAIDFrame Recommendation: No Marriage Until Reconstruction is Finished
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/2003 13:47:37
Caffeinate The World writes:
> One thing I'd like to see having worked through this experience is
> during reconstruct, the spare shouldn't be considered a raid set until
> reconstruction is finished.

It shouldn't.... in fact, the code is supposed to make sure it *doesn't*
turn it into a valid component unless the reconstruct finishes.  I'm
betting there is a bug in there somewhere though, where if the reconstruct
fails abnormally that it *may* mark it as a good component.  I need to
investigate that further.