Subject: Re: Horrible RAIDFrame Crash
To: Caffeinate The World <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/2003 12:04:54
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Greg Oster wrote:
> > Caffeinate The World writes:
> >
> > > 4. anyway to pause the screen from scrolling?
> >
> > Not that I know of.
> Try Control-S (XOFF), and Control-Q (XON) to restart. At least it
> works on the i386 wscons console.

There's two other options I can think of:

 1: Break into DDB (does Ctl-Alt-Esc do that on an alpha too?) and type
    "dmesg".  That should show all your kernel messages, and will show
    them a page at a time.

 2: If you have another computer nearby, use a serial console.  On most
    alphas you can do this by not plugging the keyboard in (I think).

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Support and Service: