Subject: Re: NetBSD version naming - suggestion
To: Martin Weber <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2003 11:07:23

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 10:59:19AM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
> Yes, but this way you could tag together the DATES of the releases.
> I.e.  when you have new stuff in 1.6.1B you can place a safe bet that
> this won't be in 1.6.1, while you have to look through the release
> announcement of 1.6.1 to see around which time of -current 1.6.1 was
> created and which of the features/bugs went into the release branch.

as i see it, it will only spread more confusion.  it looks like that
1.6.1A was created from 1.6.1 sources, which is not true.  1.6.1 is not
a "sync with -current", it's made from separate branch where only *some*
fixes from -current were pulled up.  you couldn't say from 1.6.1A which
features/bugs made it into netbsd-1-6 from -current either.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)