Subject: Re: how to set gcc3 as default compiler
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Aidan Kehoe <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2003 16:03:10
 Ar an 14ú lá de mí 4, scríobh Frederick Bruckman :

 > Besides that, the most noticable thing about the gcc3 compilers is that
 > they take longer to compile anything.

Well, that and IME they don't have a preprocessor bug that is dead annoying
when compiling Random Stuff that depends on recent versions of FreeType. I
would send-pr on this but I'm working on the assumption that GCC3 is going
to get into the tree soon enough.

"I have heard the swelling cry of the English speaking peoples of the
world, and it tells me their cause is served best by flaming the few
complacent asses on usenet." -- T. Samant, 29 June 1997