Subject: -current bootblocks breaking booting off raid1 root?
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2003 11:23:59

ever since I switched to raid1 root, I used setup as explained
i.e. have a small wd0h partition with just the bootblocks,
and have them pick up kernel from one or the other side of
the mirror off wd0a. This worked fine.

I updated the bootblocks to -current version, and this stopped
working. The bootblocks attempt to boot off wd0h, do not find
the kernel there (of course), and endlessly loop through
netbsd/onetbsd/netbsd.old etc.

Anyone aware what broke this?

Jaromir Dolecek <>