Subject: Re: Nightmare File Corruptions with 1.6Q - FFS?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2003 18:38:54
In message <HD957t.Dow@tac.nyc.ny.us>, Christos Zoulas writes:
>In article <200304122229.h3CMT5xb004286@guild.plethora.net>,
>Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:
>>In message <HD945p.CxL@tac.nyc.ny.us>, Christos Zoulas writes:
>>>Luck has nothing to do about it. make build, then crash your machine.
>>>Reboot it and watch the fireworks.
>>
>>Luck has a lot to do with it - I crashed twice with the kernel in question,
>>and only lost a handful of source files which were in CVS anyway.
>
>and that was after a fresh make install?

No... I do
	build.sh -D /usr/src/dest build
	build.sh -D /usr/src/dest install=/

Did that a while back, had some bad crashes (but got VERY lucky; lost a few
hundred files in /usr/src, which were all CVS directories, and a handful of
files in /home, which don't seem to have been anything useful).

The main killer for me is that today is the first day in two weeks I've been
able to get 'dump' to run.

-s