Subject: Re: Nightmare File Corruptions with 1.6Q - FFS?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2003 10:34:36
On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 01:15:04AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Most systems are probably not affected because most people were afraid
> of exactly what's happening to the few, the proud, the silly who
> ate the upgrade.

I upgraded (nearly) all my -current systems, some even with newfs to actually
use UFS2 file systems.

It did not happen to me. Neither did it happen to Frank, who thoroughly tested
the code before the commit.

So this is bad luck. And I understand the pain it causes (nearly lost an
important work machine recently in the worst possible moment due to unrelated
issues). This has to be fixed as soon as possible - but you probably know
that *this* kind of problems *only* ever happen after code hits the tree and
is widely deployed.

Martin