Subject: jdk-1.4/libjavaplugin and phoenix-linux :-(
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2003 09:42:17
I can go to any one java enabled website with the libjava plugin enabled in my
linux phoenix, using the jdk-1.4 which was recently upgraded a bit (I'm hoping
this would work in OpenOffice too but I haven't been able to do a re-install of
OO either to completion. Code is strange, she is big, she is wild like the
wind...)

but after that, the next visit shows 2 java_vm processes consuming all my CPU,
and I have to kill phoenix.

other reports talk about 'locking up' but it looks to me like a runaway process
more than a lockup problem. -Top shows a phenomenal number of java_vm instances,
I guess this must be threads showing as first class processes now.

I've tried a range of kill -SIG to the java_vm, nothing seems to do anything
interesting except -9 which kills phoenix-linux too.

Is this a linux emulation issue?

Anybody have any suggestions on other frobs?

cheers
	-George