Subject: Re: Help me defend NetBSD's honor!
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2003 15:08:12
* Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> [0416 13:16]:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:55:37PM +0100, Konrad Neuwirth wrote:
> > > Has anyone tried running NetBSD on the VIA EPIA boards?
> >
> > I've succesfully netbooted one; it's actually a neat thing and works
> > well.  With the right case and power supply, it's absolutely
> > silent---just begging to be configured as an X Terminal.
>
> Can anyone save me a few hours and provide an XF86Config for the EPIA boards?

For this one (the 800Mhz EPIA board with onboard LAN/graphics/AC97sound):

cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)
cpu0: VIA C3 Samuel 2/Ezra (686-class), 800.06 MHz, id 0x67a
cpu0: features 80803035<FPU,DE,TSC,MSR,MTRR>
cpu0: features 80803035<PGE,MMX>
cpu0: features 80803035<3DNOW>
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: Trident Microsystems product 0x8500 (rev. 0x6a)
wsdisplay0 at vga1 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)

I tried the trident driver, seems OK in 800x600, except the console text is very
dark pink on exit. Not ideal, but it was a very quick attempt.

> What audio driver works with them?  Does firewire work with NetBSD?

auvia(4) works on mine, I don't have firewire.

> How about the CPU temperature sensor (unable to enumerate sensors is
> what I get now)?

Hmm, haven't had one work. viaenv(4) doesn't seem to be here, and I've only seen
fan speed in the BIOS, so not sure if I even have the hardware.