Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/dist/am-utils/fsinfo
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 15:34:54
On Aug 29,  4:52am, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) writes:
} > } co-ordinate -> coordinate, etc. Igor Sobrado, PR misc/19813
} >
} >      Actually, the first is correct.
}
} The Merriam Webster Dictionary and the American Heritage Dictionary
} both disagree with you. I tend to believe them.

      The Gage Canadian Dictionary lists it with the "-" and has the
version without the "-" as an alternative spelling, so I suppose it
could be one of those silly Americanisms.  It also lists "coop" and
"co-op" as seperate words with seperate pronunciations (the latter
being slang for "co-operative").  I checked dictionary.com for both
spellings.  According to it, the American Heritage Dictionary only has
the first, but Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary has both.  I
suppose whether the original author accepts the "correction" depends on
where he lives and whether he uses American spellings.

}-- End of excerpt from "Perry E. Metzger"