Subject: PPPoE stats
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jean-Edouard BABIN <listes@jeb.com.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 14:31:04
Hi,

I was using rp-pppoe to connect, but i want to switch to the in kenel pppoe
Il have tryed, thinking ppp will be user (like in freebsd), but no
So i am deconnected i don't get any log like
Apr  8 02:44:38 pppd[14123]: Connect time 35.9 minutes.
Apr  8 02:44:38 pppd[14123]: Sent 496735 bytes, received 2717708 bytes.

For the conect time, i can use ip-up/ip-down
For bandwidth I have read an old thread of this list (mai 2002) where
someone sugest
netstat  -b -I pppoe0
This never reset, i guess (i try ifdown, ipup), so i also need to use
ip-up/ip-down to save value in ip-up and do a subtraction

I am wondering if there is a easyer way
I think it's possible to code it in the pppoe support of the kernel but
where ?
I have see pppoe_connect() and pppoe_disconnect() in if_pppoe.c i don't know
if it's the right place

--
Jean-Edouard BABIN
Mail: Jeb@jeb.com.fr