Subject: Re: re-probe devices? (USB and ps/2)
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 02:09:12
In message <>, George Michaelson writes:
>If it can't re-probe, then being able to re-tell it is good! I'd wear the risk
>of being found out as a liar to be able to try and tell the truth to good

Well, there's code in the driver to reprobe the mouse, but it basically
reinitializes it; currently, it's only used if we get obvious protocol errors.

However, if your laptop is anything like mine, if there isn't a mouse attached
*when the machine powers on*, the hardware will filter all mouse events into
the old 3-byte PS/2 protocol (no scroll wheel), until a power cycle event.