Subject: re-probe devices? (USB and ps/2)
To: None <>
From: George Michaelson <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 15:49:01
if I switch ps/2 mice via a dock/undock, new ps/2 behaviours like being
scrollable don't seem to be picked up.

I can't see any reset/reprobe functionality in wsconsctl. Any other choices?

Also, attaching a USB disk sometimes fails to probe. the umass0 is there, but
the subsequent scsi0->sd0 never arrives. Is there some frob I can use in
userspace as a privileged user to force a re-re-attach? USB detach has side
effects (the usb disk disables itself when the cable is pulled, so if this is
timing its bloody hard to effect a change by doing usb unplugs)

George Michaelson       |  APNIC
Email:    |  PO Box 2131 Milton QLD 4064
Phone: +61 7 3367 0490  |  Australia
  Fax: +61 7 3367 0482  |