Subject: Re: UFS2 problem?
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2003 17:22:39
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:03:34AM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> "fsck -f /dev/rwd0i" reports:
>
> DIRECTORY taca/Mail/tech-kern: CONTAINS EMPTY BLOCKS ...
>
> I lost this "teck-kern" directory when I fixed it before, so I stopped
> fsck.  (newer compiled dump(8) core dumped...)
>
> With older (current using) kenrel and old fsck_ffs(8), this file
> system dosen't have any problem.

I'm afraid you're going to have to run a new fsck_ffs(8) on this
filesystem at some point.

But, can you mail me the output of

	dumpfs /dev/rwd0i

for both an old and a new dumpfs binary? I only want the output
until the first empty line.

Of importance are especially nbfree, ndir, nffree, nifree and the filesystem
time. I think the summary values are bad, and fsck_ffs(8) uses those for
some things.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org