Subject: Re: dhclient & hostname interactions
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2003 13:33:37
Yea I just found that.

I think I was heading towards "why isn't this in the systems install stuff or
better documented for mobile users" question.

ie, if myname exists, isn't that by definition asking for a supercede-like
behaviour in /etc/dhclient.conf?

also, there doesn't seem to be any install-time stuff to create dhclient.conf
which by default is off in defaults/rc.conf

I'm about to try some reboots to confirm it dtrt for me. If it fixed my sendmail
restart blues I'd be super-peachy happy!

-george

--
George Michaelson       |  APNIC
Email: ggm@apnic.net    |  PO Box 2131 Milton QLD 4064