Subject: Re: Problem with make and signal.h
To: Jean-Edouard BABIN <listes@jeb.com.fr>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2003 16:38:45
On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:51:55AM +0200, Jean-Edouard BABIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use NetBSD 1.6 and I have downloaded the current source, when i try to
> build with ./build.sh -E -O /mnt/obj -T /mnt/tools build
> (source are on /mnt/src)
> I get an error

You should use -E only if you really know what you're doing. Doing a
build.sh with DESTDIR=/ from 1.6 to current will give you lots of troubles
(includes and libraries out of sync, etc).
Now I guess you've corrupted you /usr/include. You should probably
reextract comp.tgz from 1.6 to get a clean /usr/include again.

Then you can restart a build.sh without -E, and with a destdir different
from '/' (which can be specifed using -D). On this is done, build a new
current kernel (./build.sh .... kernel=<path_so_config_file>), reboot with
the new kernel and run ./build.sh .... install=/.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>