Subject: Re: Font problem in XFree86 version 4.3.0 and KDE 3.1.0
To: None <>
From: Sverre Froyen <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2003 11:45:01
Following up to my own posting...

I found that creating a new XF86Config file with xf86cfg solved the problem
with the irregular spacing (but not the mkfontscale issue).  Unfortunately,
by default it sets the color depth to 8 bits.  Adding a "DefaultDepth 24"
line to XF86Config provied 24 bit color as expected and alse makes the font
problem REAPPEAR!???  I had no idea that the fonts were color depth dependent