Subject: Re: how to set gcc3 as default compiler
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2003 01:44:18
> > Technicaly we could. The problem is the compiler itself. I don't find it
> > stable enough.
>
> C'mon
>
> I use it daily since 08/2002 on MacOSX/Darwin, and never, never had a
> crash. And I don't think that Apple's modifications did stabilize the
> stuff.
>
> And on FreeBSD 5 I've built the world and KDE without any problem, too.
>
> The only drawback for gcc3 is the trollo?d Gnu license :-)

I'm happy for you and I am not sure what was wrong with mine (I guess
I was just too busy at the time to really explore it). But I'll sure
give it another try and send-pr when/if I encounter trouble.
For now I think it was the optimizations (the reason for it in the first
place) that caused trouble.

jj