Subject: Sendmail config files won't get updated
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter. Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2003 21:43:07
Hello all,

Thanks for helping me out with my permissions problem. The update is complete
and everything seems to work right now, except for one thing.

After doing postinstall and etcupdates and fixing as much as I could, I can't
get rid of this:

-After an etcupdate-
------------------------
postinstall checks failed: sendmail
To fix, run:
    /etc/postinstall -s /usr/src -d / fix sendmail
*** All done
frohike: {2} /etc/postinstall -s /usr/src -d / fix sendmail
Source directory: /usr/src
Target directory: /
sendmail fix:
        Version of /etc/mail/sendmail.cf is 9, should be 10 [NOT FIXED]
        Submission configuration file /etc/mail/submit.cf missing [NOT FIXED]
postinstall fixes passed:
postinstall fixes failed: sendmail
------------------------

I've already added the user and group smmsp with etcupdate, but it doesn't
change sendmail.cf or add submit.cf. I can't find default copies of the
mentioned files in /usr/dist/etc or /usr/dist/etc/etc.i386 either. (I did
a build.sh -D /usr/dist)

How can I fix this manually? Just out of curiosity: How are these files
generated on a new system if they're not in a directory?

Once again, could you please CC me when you reply to the list?

Regards,
Peter
---
        --Donald Knuth