Subject: Re: sparc port tweak
To: Dunc <dunc@lemonia.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2003 11:02:37
Thus spake Dunc ("D> ") sometime Yesterday...

D> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:38:58 +0100
D> From: Dunc <dunc@lemonia.org>
D> To: current-users@netbsd.org
D> Subject: sparc port tweak
D>
D> hello,
D>
D> Am in the middle of building netbsd/sparc current.
D>
D> I have had to tweak the texinfo Makefile, and also do some mkdiring

Haven't had to do this, but have had to suffer through incomplete builds
due to discrepancies between the mtree files and "reality".

I will note that a distribution/release seems to depend on everything
being there.  This is arguably a feature, more than a bug.

It would be *nice* to issue a target which I could use to generate the
mtree files from the current "reality", even though it will result in an
"incomplete" distribution, but this sounds like more work than it's
worth, not to mention the inconsistencies are just painful.

*sigh* Off to whack on mk.conf...

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: a server in every port.