Subject: sendmail problem?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2003 19:30:44
Hi. I have another "funny" problem after upgrading sendmail.
I've installed submit.cf, and sendmail.cf from the netbsd-*.cf files.
I can start sendmail and smmsp, no complaints or problems.

However, I cannot send any mails.
Trying to send a mail to root I see the following entry in
/var/log/maillog:
Mar 31 18:04:21 Krille sendmail[8279]: h2VG4Hvl008279: from=bqt, size=34, class=
0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200303311604.h2VG4Hvl008279@Krille.Update.UU.SE>, relay=root
@localhost
Mar 31 18:04:23 Krille sm-mta[6901]: h2VG4MmI006901: lost input channel from loc
alhost [IPv6:::1] to MTA6 after mail
Mar 31 18:04:23 Krille sm-mta[6901]: h2VG4MmI006901: from=<bqt@Krille.Update.UU.
SE>, size=34, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA6, relay=localhost [IPv6
:::1]

What's that "lost input channel" stuff?
Anybody got a clue and can help me out?

If I telnet to the smtp port on localhost, and I deliver a mail that way
it works fine. I'm not blocking localhost through /etc/hosts.* (obviously,
since I could telnet), and identd always return "anonymous" if queried.
So I'm at a loss right now to understand what the problem is. Sendmail is
getting extremely complicated compared with the "good old days". :-)

	Johnny