Subject: new sendmail spooling and dns
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@flex.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2003 15:35:23
Hi,

On i386 -current cvs updated and built yesterday, and with pkgsrc
newly updated yesterday, I installed the new sendmail with smmsp.
I am using a modem and a dial-up internet connection.  When I
write mail off line smmsp queues the mail in /var/spool/clientmqueue,
which is the spool directory specified in submit.cf.  My sendmail.cf
specifies the queue directory as /var/spool/mqueue.  When I write
mail while on line the mail is queued in /var/spool/mqueue.  When I
issue the command "sendmail -q -v" only the mail in
/var/spool/mqueue is sent.  I get warning notices from the mailer
daemon about DNS timeouts respecting the mail in clientmqueue.

Are there supposed to be two differently named spool files?  Do I
need to tell smmsp about DNS?  Am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Tom