Subject: Re: Wrong permissions?
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2003 19:39:21
* Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> [0318 18:18]:
> >>./build.sh -U -D /usr/dist -E distribution
> >>./build.sh -D /usr/dist -U install=/
> >
> >Hi Peter,
> >You *MUST* be root when you do that second line. The unprived mode
> >lets you not be root during BUILDING, but to do the actual install
> >requires root since regular users cannot make a binary be SUID root
> >(as you noticed).
>
> indeed.  i don't know for sure, but i am suspecting that the -U is
> what's fouling things up for you when things are installed.  try
> again, as root, but without that flag?

Nope, that all works for me. I don't use '-E' though; drop that and it should work
(it did an hour ago for me)

If you don't use '-U' as root, then the install doesn't red METALOG in /usr/dist
(which I think is a record of what permissions each file should have?)

--
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.