Subject: cardbus card not probing?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2003 11:40:55
I have a PCMCIA 802.11b card.  I tried plugging it in, and got this:

Texas InstrumentS, ACX100 CaraBus Model Board, M^? (manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Texas Instruments ACX100 802.11b (miscellaneous network) at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0 not configured

I have PCMCIAVERBOSE on in my kernel, and when I plug in a working card, I
tend to get stuff like:

pcmcia0: CIS version unknown (major=1, minor=0)
pcmcia0: CIS info: The Linksys Group, Inc., Instant Wireless Network PC Card, ISL37300P, RevA
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x274, product 0x1613
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqshare irqpulse irqlevel

So... I'm a bit surprised that this isn't coming out with any of that, nor
any errors or warnings saying why the pcmcia probe wouldn't even get that far.

-s