Subject: Re: Kernel Support for SMBFS: mount_smbfs: unable to open connection
To: Tobias Schuepp <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2003 14:14:39
Can you try to update src/dist/smbfs/lib/smb/nb_name.c to rev. 1.4,
rebuild mount_smbfs and report whether or not the problem is fixed?

A 16bit value was incorrectly written in session setup packet, which
might have caused your problem. SMBFS was confirmed working
against w2k & samba with the change.

Tobias Schuepp wrote:
> Jaromir Dolecek schrieb:
> > Does it work with smbclient?
> Yes, it does without problems. I analysed the communication between
> fileserver and host and the fileserver says something like
> 		       "Called name not present"
> I don't know what it means. Maybe i have to ask google...
> Tobias

Jaromir Dolecek <>