Subject: Wrong permissions?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <airhead@vhe-382807.sshn.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/2003 11:46:31
Hello all,

I've just upgraded to NetBSD-CURRENT (i386 system) and after installing the userland correctly I noticed I can't su anymore!
So I looked up the permissions for su, and this is what I got:
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  719284 Mar 27 08:27 /usr/bin/su*
On my other system (from which I'm typing this mail because I can't get mail OR vi to run... /var/tmp/vi.recover permissions are set up so only root can write to it) I see su is suid root.

Did I do anything wrong during the installation, or is something the matter with current?
Installation was done in this manner:
cd /usr
cvs co -P src
cd src
./build.sh -kernel=FROHIKE
(That's a custom kernel, but this isn't a kernel issue so please read on)
cp sys/arch/i386/compile/FROHIKE/netbsd /netbsd
./build.sh -U -D /usr/dist -E distribution
./build.sh -D /usr/dist -U install=/

Something else also happens: When I ssh to the system, at certain points the connection simply doesn't do anything.

If you reply, please cc me since I'm not subscribed to current-users

Regards,
Peter