Subject: Re: questions for article on upgrading NetBSD
To: Michael W . Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2003 21:46:34
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:19:04AM -0500, Michael W . Lucas wrote:
> [...]
> This should get you a complete set of recent source code in /usr/src,
> and a complete /usr/pkgsrc, with CVS subdirectories all over the
> place.
>
> # setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
> # setenv CVS_RSH ssh

Others questions have been anserwed, I'll just comment on this one.
I would be good practice tu use cvs mirrors instead of the master,
which tend to be overloaded (especially when security fixes have just
been commited); when mirrors tends to be underused. Or at last know to to
swicth to a mirror.

To use a cvs mirror, you can just force the CVSROOT to the one you want on
the command line (I assume the proper CVSROOT for the mirror is
anoncvs@anoncvs.xx.netbsd.org:/cvsroot)
cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.xx.netbsd.org:/cvsroot up -dPA

The problem of this is that the repository now has references to both
the old CVSROOT and the new CVSROOT. To switch permanently you may
just do:
echo "anoncvs@anoncvs.xx.netbsd.org:/cvsroot" > /tmp/Root
find /usr/src /usr/pkgsrc -path '*/CVS/Root' -exec cp /tmp/Root {} \;

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>