Subject: Re: why separate system and pkg hierarchies? (was: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/*)
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2003 12:45:10
I took this out of the context to explain the point worth mentioning
>  so far Linux seems easier to do. I still have to whack away the extra

I think the point of doing something easier is not stronger than the point
of doing something right. NetBSD aims at power-users and they want to
know and control every part of their system. But they do not want
someone else (the easy tools) to "assume" things for them. It is sometimes
posible to do something easier and not loose flexibility and power, but
usually not. And when we have to decide I vote for power.

jj