Subject: Re: SJIS support for samba?
To: None <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2003 23:38:53
In message <20030318103934.GA11801@arresum.veego.de>
	on Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:39:35 +0100,
	Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de> wrote:
> I have some filenames which contains SJIS kanas, at least I think its
> a SJIS encoding.
Is that SJIS filename on NetBSD?

> Now I tried to share that with my Windows XP machine, but that doesn't
> work correctly. It displays something, but thats not the correct mapping.
Dose your Windows XP is localized Japanese version?

> First I was using samba 2.2.8, but then i 'downgraded' to use ja-samba
> 2.2.4.1.0, that should be also updated to the latest available
ja-samba solves some vendor specific encoding problem.  Anyway,

> I also tried to add some option in smb.conf:
>
>   coding system = sjis
This specifies the charcter encoding on the server and it is
independent from client side.  So changing this parameter dosen't
affect on client side.

>   client code page = 932
Since samba 2.X act Windows 9X server as for charcter encoding of file
name (using Shift_JIS), your client also need to use the same code
page here.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>