Subject: Re: Disk-on-Chip?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/2003 13:01:32
In message <20030317185102.962EA7B4D@berkshire.research.att.com>, "Steven M. Be
llovin" writes:
>Do you mean Disk-on-Key, their USB device?  I use one frequently; it
>just works, modulo the USB problems I encounter if the device isn't
>inserted at boot time.

No, I mean Disk-on-Chip, the thing for which Linux has a special driver,
and for which FreeBSD supposedly has an "fla" driver I haven't found yet.

From their email:

---
Upon the license agreement being approved, and signed which is first started
through a local rep, the source code could be provided so that a driver can
be developed for your applications.  The source code would not be allowed to
be distributed without a license agreement for each customer; though a
binary driver could be compiled.
---

What amazingly stupid people!

Since there's a GPL'd Linux driver, I'm gonna see if I can have a look around
at the device, and get some information about it.  It looks to me like a great
example of a company too stupid to live, but one of the embedded boards I'm
looking at has a socket for it which I need for a project.

-s