Subject: Re: pci/pcmcia bridges?
To: HAYAKAWA@ilink.sony.co.jp, Koichi <haya@arch.sony.co.jp>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2003 10:50:36
* HAYAKAWA@ilink.sony.co.jp <HAYAKAWA@ilink.sony.co.jp> [0325 11:25]:

> You can move PCMCIA I/O window using RBUS_IO_BASE option for
> kernel compile option, such as
>
>   options RBUS_IO_BASE=0x2000.
>
> The default value for the option is 0x4000.

You, sir, are a hero :D

cbb0: interrupting at irq 9
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 2 device 0
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
Kernelized RAIDframe activated
IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
pcmcia0: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
pcmcia0: CIS info: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01,
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x156, product 0x2
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, io
space 0-3f; io16 irqpulse irqlevel
wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: 802.11 address 00:02:2d:1d:0f:0c
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (7.52.1)
wi0: supported rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

I still spent two hours getting it to work after the blinkenlights lit up,
but that's a default block policy for you :)

This seemed to be due to the wi(4) driver guzzling address space
(PCMCIA hard drives worked OK), is there any way to automatically
 handle this?

> I hope this suggestion will help you.

Thanks  very very much!

--
fortune: cpu time/usefulness ratio too high -- core dumped.