Subject: Re: Help me defend NetBSD's honor!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/2003 11:02:02
In message <20030313164310.GF7426@uriel.eclipsed.net>, gabriel rosenkoetter wri
tes:
>On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:55:37PM +0100, Konrad Neuwirth wrote:
>> I've succesfully netbooted one; it's actually a neat thing and works
>> well.  With the right case and power supply, it's absolutely
>> silent---just begging to be configured as an X Terminal.

>=2E.. or a stereo system component.

I've had that thought, yes I have.  There's a company that makes a MiniPCI
sound card.

BTW, thanks much to everyone who advised and suggested; the "finished" project
is sitting on my dining room table, measuring wind speed (0 unless the cats
are sniffing it) and logging it.  As expected, NetBSD worked beautifully.

In fact, it was NetBSD's stability that gave me the confidence to assert that
my frequent crashes were hardware, not software, and led me to identify the
real problem:  a 4.5W power supply on a 14W system.

-s