Subject: Re: What happened to shutdown -p?
To: Ciarcinski, Adam (ISS Brussels) <ACiarcinski@iss.net>
From: None <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2003 17:38:39
--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:46:16PM +0100, Ciarcinski, Adam (ISS Brussels) w=
rote:

Hello Adam,

> Miguel,
>=20
> Works for me.  Maybe you should change your kernel settings?

Could you tell what settings are you using? Mine look like this:

<snip>
#apm0   at mainbus0                     # Advanced power management

# Tuning for power management, see apm(4) for more details.
#options        APM_NO_IDLE             # Don't call BIOS CPU idle function
#options        APM_V10_ONLY            # Use only the APM 1.0 calls
#options        APM_NO_POWEROFF         # Don't power off on halt(8)
#options        APM_POWER_PRINT         # Print stats on the console
#options        APM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS=3D0 # Don't disable interrupts

# Basic Bus Support

# Advanced Control and Power Interface

# This option can be used to retrieve CPU and APIC information.
# that I/O APICs can be used if ACPI is enabled below.
# To use the I/O APIC(s), enable the ioapic line above.
#options        MPACPI

acpi0           at mainbus0
options         ACPI_PCI_FIXUP          # PCI interrupt routing via ACPI
#options        ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV=3D0     # If set, activate inactive devic=
es

# ACPI devices
acpiacad*       at acpi?                # ACPI AC Adapter
#acpibat*       at acpi?                # ACPI Battery
acpibut*        at acpi?                # ACPI Button
#acpiec*        at acpi?                # ACPI Embedded Controller
#acpilid*       at acpi?                # ACPI Lid Switch
acpitz*         at acpi?                # ACPI Thermal Zone
</snip>

APM is commented out, and ACPI is enabled. dmesg shows it gets recognized a=
t boot time.

Cheers,
--=20
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net