Subject: ipf on bridge
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2003 17:14:33
I'm finally getting around to trying out the BRIDGE_IPF stuff that was
added last month, and it doesn't seem to be working for me...

I'm running a NetBSD/i386 1.6P kernel and userland from 3/9/2003; the
kernel has options BRIDGE_IPF, PFIL_HOOKS, and pseudo-device ipfilter.
I boot up with my old configuration, and the bridge passes packets and
works fine. I run ipf -E and get
IP Filter: v3.4.29 initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = enabled
The bridge still passes packets. Then when I do "brconfig bridge0 ipf",
the bridge stops passing packets (or at least it stops passing IP
packets--maybe ARPs still go through). If I "brconfig bridge0 -ipf",
the packets start flowing again.

Since I don't have any ipf rules loaded and ipf defaults to pass all,
shouldn't the packets be getting through? Am I doing things in the wrong
order?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++