Subject: Re: Two vga drivers
To: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@useless-ficus.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-current-users@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2003 17:41:56
Le Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:20:34 +0100
Anthony Mallet a écrit :
> Is it possible to have to vga drivers configured at the same time
> (i386)? Nothing in the man pages tells me this isn't possible, but the
> second vga card never gets configured...

It's what the code do.

The probe code fails in dev/ic/vga_common.c:vga_common_probe() for the
card that is not used as the primary display by the BIOS.

[...]
> Any ideas?

Well, there's only one way to use a a vga card only as a vga card : using
VGA registers. There is only one set of them. So when vga_common_probe try
to map them a second time, it fails.

Maybe there's a way to have multiple vga registers, but if there is it is
not used in NetBSD.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.