Subject: Re: Help me defend NetBSD's honor!
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2003 10:57:59
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 05:01:10AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the 4521 only has one physical serial port.
>
> I didn't try but shouldn't it be a no brainer to add a new /dev/null
> cnattach to sys/arch/x86/x86/consinit.c, enabled by a config option?

Not even any need to do that -- we should simply create an option that
replaces the consinit() in init_main.c:main() with a call that
initializes the function pointers to dummys. Then it will be MI and
all ports can have the functionality.

Shouldn't take more than ten minutes to write.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com