Subject: Re: Help me defend NetBSD's honor!
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2003 10:57:59
Martin Husemann <> writes:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 05:01:10AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the 4521 only has one physical serial port.
> I didn't try but shouldn't it be a no brainer to add a new /dev/null
> cnattach to sys/arch/x86/x86/consinit.c, enabled by a config option?

Not even any need to do that -- we should simply create an option that
replaces the consinit() in init_main.c:main() with a call that
initializes the function pointers to dummys. Then it will be MI and
all ports can have the functionality.

Shouldn't take more than ten minutes to write.

Perry E. Metzger