Subject: Re: libpthread busted?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2003 14:04:46
>Well, that's not what's going on here. The SLD folks wanted to make a
>library that, if it's used in a threaded app, will work right, and if it's
>used in a non-threaded app, will ALSO work right.

[...]

>The point of the problem is that the Perl SDL module does *not* use or
>export any of SDL's threading interfaces to the Perl interpreter and
>therefore has no need for libpthread.

(jumping right into the middle of discussion...)

it sounds to me like the perl SDL module should be linked against a
specifically built SDL library that is specifically not threaded.

that said, perl does have it's own weird thread goo, that (as i
understand it) exposes a some (a few? all?) thread operations to the
perl program.  has anyone tried that out?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."