Subject: Re: build.sh distribution sets fails from yesterday's src
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2003 14:37:08
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:26:31PM +0100, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
  | Joe Reed <jnr@cwru.edu> writes:
  |
  | > when i run build.sh to build the release sets, the release set
  | > creation fails with the following error:
  | > [...]
  | > DESTDIR=/home/build/src/dest
  | > [...]
  | > checkflist: flist inconsistencies found
  | > [...]
  | >   >  file is in DESTDIR but missing from flist
  | >      (file is obsolete or flist is out of date ?)
  |
  | Your /home/build/src/dest was not empty.  It contained files from a
  | previous build, some of which are now obsolete.  When checkflist goes
  | through the distribution build area, checking it for correctness, it
  | finds files it does not expect.
  |
  | You should clean out the distribution build arena between builds.n

There is an easier solution than cleaning the previous build:

	./etc/postinstall -d /your/destdir check obsolete
	./etc/postinstall -d /your/destdir fix obsolete

That should fix the checkflist failures for now-obsolete files,
except for upgraded shared libraries (which I may write a fix for
later; there is src/lib/checkoldver which might help as well).