Subject: Re: Oops. [ for gnats (I hope) - Re: misc/14378 ]
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Chris Jepeway <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2003 15:47:06
> [ seebs reports digging out of libc/symlink ]
> [ trouble after a busted install=/ build    ]
> Seems to me that perhaps, during an install like this, symlinks should only
> be updated if the new target already exists?
It's been too long since I had my head jammed inside
the *.mk files, so take all this w/ a grain of salt.
Maybe 5 grains.

Do you think the patch in PR 14378 addresses this problem?
That patch tried to fix problems when doing a "make -j."
The idea behind it was to enforce a "links get built only
after the target gets installed" rule, which sounds like
what you're after.

Hm.  And checking the CVS logs of,
it looks like the parallel make problem I reported
in PR 14378 has been fixed.  So, somebody should close
that PR, regardless.

> -s
Chris <>.