Subject: make build fails in install ===> host-mkdep
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2003 19:47:57
Greetings, I was able to build the tools off of CVS this morning and
from that I was able to build and boot in to the GENERIC kernel.  But
attempts to "make build" die with the error listed below.

It's a dual PP20 180 with an Adaptec SCSI card  and 310mb RAM (running
under a single processor kernel.)  I started with 1.6 and then anoncvs
the current branch to start.

Any idea how to get past this?

  # make build

  **Lots of rm -f removed here**

  (cd /usr/src/tools && make dependall)
  dependall ===> host-mkdep
  rm -f host-mkdep
  CC=cc CFLAGS=-O LDFLAGS=  /usr/src/tools/host-mkdep/configure --cache-file=config.cache
  configure: creating cache config.cache
  checking for sh... /bin/sh
  checking for mawk... no
  checking for gawk... no
  checking for nawk... no
  checking for awk... awk
  checking for gcc... cc
  checking for executable suffix...
  checking for object suffix... o
  checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
  checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
  updating cache config.cache
  configure: creating ./config.status
  config.status: creating host-mkdep
  install ===> host-mkdep
  make: don't know how to make make:. Stop

  make: stopped in /usr/src/tools/host-mkdep
  *** Error code 2

  Stop.
  make: stopped in /usr/src/tools
  *** Error code 1